Special Summer Blow-Out Price!
Reduced from $24.95 to $6.00!
Limited time only.
Get creative with resin and clay casting. Jen Cushman shows you how to make molds that break out of the norm!
Say goodbye to sifting through expensive shops and markets for found objects! Instead, make molds from your own treasure trove of beloved objects to personalize your work. Dig into Jen Cushman’s world of mold making and challenge the status quo. Soon, you’ll be breaking free from your old mold-making ways and forging new and exciting molds that are uniquely your own!
Mold any way you like as you. . .
- Discover casting techniques and how to make molds with a variety of media—epoxy clay, paper clay, air-dry clay, and two-part epoxy resin
- Learn how to use castings in all areas of mixed media, from collage and assemblage to art quilts and jewelry
- Fall in love with Jen’s exciting and approachable teaching style as you learn how to use her innovative approach in your own work
- Get back to basics as Jen takes you through some of her favorite materials and provides a solid foundation on how to set up your studio space
- Move your mold-making forward with tips and tricks to integrate into your molds that will make them one-of-a-kind
Mold your work into pieces that are uniquely you with insight from a molding master!
$3,200 includes double occupancy bedrooms at La Cascade, meals, instruction and a comprehensive kit to build your pieces. Space is limited. $500 deposit secures your spot.
Susan Lenart Kazmer: Silhouette Bracelet using ICED Enamels®
Move Over Jeweler’s Saw – Silhouettes are here! Silhouettes are sweet little bronze cut-outs that Susan has designed for you to use in your mixed media work! You can use them individually or layer two of them to create a “window”. You can insert text, images or photos (painted with ICE Resin of course!) inside the window. The bronze takes easily to a metal hole punch, and then you can attach the two layers with our new selection of Brads or Nuts and Screws. Painting them in an array of colors from our new ICED Enamels® line is the next step, and voila! Sassy little bronze cut outs as mixed media wearable art! You’ll find small rhinestones to lay on the surface on our Rue Romantique page, and a variety of wire to complete your projects. Have Fun!
artist: Susan Lenart Kazmer
Our Jewelers Grade Bezels are handmade by Susan Lenart Kazmer and cast in sterling silver & white bronze. They are perfect for jewelers looking for finer metal bezels and available only as special orders in quantities of 12 or more.
Luscious Iced Enamels melted and covered in ICE Resin.
Our Iced Enamels® program is a unique, custom formulated, proprietary Cold Enameling system for permanent adhesion of color on metal. Our custom system of enameling powders, enameling medium and ICE Resin® work symbiotically to create a permanent, jeweler’s grade bond of color on all types of metals, from precious metals to base metals.
Iced Enamels® were expressly developed for creative people who enjoy the look of torch-fired or kiln-fired enamels as much as we do. Combine our Enamel Medium with our quick-melting Relique powders and solidify with a craft heat gun for beautiful mixed-media metalwork in minutes. Seal with a thin coat of ICE Resin® to create a permanent Cold Enameling bond that will never rub off, fade or yellow over time. Use Iced Enamels® in our new mixed metal bezels or on our Talisman Silhouettes for art that lasts lifetimes.
Jewelry by Susan Lenart Kazmer
ICED Enamels® Instructions:
- Lightly Sand your metal bezel or Silhouette with sandpaper.
- Apply thin coat of ICED Enamels® Medium to surface.
- Sprinkle Iced Enamels® Powder onto surface.
- Gently shake-off excess.
- Melt Iced Enamels® Powders with craft heat gun, warming the metal from the underside at first, as much as possible.
- Build up additional layers of ICED Enamels® as you like.
- Let completely cool.
- To seal, mix ICE Resin® per to manufacturer directions and apply a thin coat with disposable paint brush.
- Let dry 6 to 12 hours.
ICED Enamels® Medium, 1 oz.
Use this ICED Enamels® Medium to create beautiful effects on Metals to look as if they’ve been kiln fired enameled. Just brush this medium onto a Bezel, wire or lightly sanded metal; then sprinkle with our ICED Enamels®, fuse with a heat tool, then coat with ICE Resin®. Voila! the look of kiln-fired enameling without all the fuss! 1 oz. container.
Expected ship date: Monday, May 19
Expected ship date: Monday, May 19