Our Iced Enamels® program is a unique, custom formulated, proprietary Cold Enameling system for permanent adhesion of color on metal. Our custom system of enameling powders, enameling medium and ICE Resin® work symbiotically to create a permanent, jeweler’s grade bond of color on all types of metals, from precious metals to base metals.
Iced Enamels® were expressly developed for creative people who enjoy the look of torch-fired or kiln-fired enamels as much as we do. Combine our Enamel Medium with our quick-melting Relique powders and solidify with a craft heat gun for beautiful mixed-media metalwork in minutes. Seal with a thin coat of ICE Resin® to create a permanent Cold Enameling bond that will never rub off, fade or yellow over time. Use Iced Enamels® in our new mixed metal bezels or on our Talisman Silhouettes for art that lasts lifetimes.
ICED Enamels® Instructions:
- Lightly Sand your metal bezel or Silhouette with sandpaper.
- Apply thin coat of ICED Enamels® Medium to surface.
- Sprinkle Iced Enamels® Powder onto surface.
- Gently shake-off excess.
- Melt Iced Enamels® Powders with craft heat gun, warming the metal from the underside at first, as much as possible.
- Build up additional layers of ICED Enamels® as you like.
- Let completely cool.
- To seal, mix ICE Resin® per to manufacturer directions and apply a thin coat with disposable paint brush.
- Let dry 6 to 12 hours.